Thursday 18 June 2015

Food hunting around London

It's going to be Ramadan month soon. For muslims, we can't eat and drink from sunrise till sunset. As now is summer, we have longer daylight hours, which means we have to fast for 17 hours everyday for 30 days. :-(

So, I thought why not go and search for interesting eats in central London while I can still eat during the day. I've always wanted to visit Cereal Killer cafe and have a look at the different kind of cereals there. It has two branches, one in Brick lane and another in Camden Stables. I decided to go to the Brick lane branch as its nearer to my place. Took the Overground towards Highbury and Islington and stopped at Shoreditch High Street station. It's my first time being in this area of London and was amazed with all the mural paintings around the area. There's also a line of shops just beside the station. It's really a 'hipster' place. So, I walked happily along the Bethnal street and taking pictures along the way. But then I felt like I'm being followed. It might be nothing but I got the hell out of there as fast as I can. Its better to be safe than sorry. Female travelling alone must always be vigilant and trust your instinct. A reminder to myself!
ps: I didn't even get to see the Cereal Killer cafe! 

Now that I was relatively safe in the Overground, I was thinking where should I go next. I decided to go to where the tourists are, Oxford Circus! I walked along the Regent Street to find a nice cafe to have some coffee and cake. Stopped by a cafe on Regent Street and bought iced coffee to go, my it was boiling hot outside. I continued walking till I reached Piccadilly Circus junction. Now, I'm hungry!
I felt like having a lobster roll today, so I headed to Bond Street to the Smack Lobster Roll deli. I bought the Seven Samurai Lobster roll, which has tempura lobster, Japanese mayo, Japanese cabbage & pickles. It cost me 10 pounds. It was quite cheap considering its a lobster, duh!. But oh my god, the lobster roll was really good. The buttered brioche was to die for and the tempura lobster was nice as well. Done with my late lunch now off to do some window shopping.
Laduree macaroons in Burlington Arcade!!
Walked towards Bond station and saw this new shop in West One Shopping Centre - Simit Sarayi. It's a Turkish based franchise that sells various types of bagels, breads and desserts. The smell of warm bagels was so enticing that I bought one (to go) even though I was still full with lobster roll. I was on my way to the underground that I saw Wasabi - my favourite sushi place. Bought my favourite dish - pumpkin croquette for dinner. Wow! That's a lot of food to be eaten in a day. But no worries, I always have my husband to finish it all off at home.


I really wish that I had a chance to visit the Cereal Killer cafe, though. Maybe next time with my husband as a company. Not going to that place alone again anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment