Saturday 13 June 2015

A night with the dinosaurs - Jurassic World


Well it's Friday and its a date night, yeah! We went to watch Jurassic World movie which opens in theatre today. I had high hopes for this movie because of Chris Pratt. I love watching him in the Guardians of the Galaxy and I expect the same humour-hero combo performance from him. We booked for a 3D version of the movie and our seats were 3 row from the front. It was really close to the screen.

The movie started off with a pair of baby dinosaurs clawing their way out from their shells. Ok. Nothing scary, just a couple of newborn dinosaurs. Then the side story, kids going to vacation and visit their aunt (the park manager) on their own in Isla Nublar, where the Jurassic World is. Ok.

I didn't see any dinosaurs for the next 20 minutes after the first introduction of the baby dinosaurs at the beginning. Ok, my focus started to wane, and I've started yawning. Bad sign. When will the big scary dinosaurs going to make an appearance??? The intro for the Claire, the leading lady was too long and something about her annoyed me. But I can't pinpoint the reason though. 

Then the dinosaurs started appearing one by one. Ok, not that impressed but acceptable. It then progresses on to the 'asset out of containment' situation. The Indominus Rex, is the bad ass villain in this instalment of Jurassic movie franchise.  It was enormous but look like a T-Rex which confuses me when a T-Rex was brought in to kill the new Indominus. Both looked the same on screen. The scene where both Rex's fighting each other reminds me of the movie Godzilla. 

I just need to say something about the character Masrani, owner of the park. His character was so unnecessary and just add confusion to the story. He tried to be a hero to save his park but ended up killing himself in the process. S.T.U.P.I.D

Oh, don't let me start with Claire. She acted almighty in the beginning of the movie, total bimbo in the middle and totally mental at the end. The character is a mess. I just can't connect with her. Plus, I think Bryce Horward is wrong for the part and can't act to save her life. But that's just my opinion. 

Hubby loves this movie because of all the special effects and dino fights. For me this movie is a B-, the only saving grace is Chris Pratt.


No comments:

Post a Comment