Monday 10 August 2015

Rambling of a jobless housewife with a Monday blues

I am back in Malaysia and I'm unemployed. Being unemployed here is really no fun at all. When I was in London, I really didn't mind being job-less as there were lots of things to do that interest me. I love history and museums and London has lots of it. I love to eat and the city has various kind of food from all over the world, you just name it.

I am struggling to find a job that I like with the pay that I used to enjoyed before. I am beginning to feel the economic downturn that everyone is talking about. It does make me sad and depressed a little bit, but I'm trying to boost my morale up by writing and taking care of myself (i.e. massage, working out, mani & pedi etc.)

Since, I had nothing better told do all day, I google up about being a successful blogger. I stumbled upon an article titled 'So you want to be a blogger?" It was so honest that it made me laugh. I did think about being a full time blogger/writer but that article made me think twice. I don't have any sort of reader fanbase now so the idea to be a full-time blogger just flew out of the window. I think writing should only be an outlet for my creative thinking and not as a profession.

So, what next I think? A baker perhaps? I am a decent baker. I could whipped up basic cakes like chocolate cakes, butter cakes, Victoria sponge cakes and muffins. But I do need to up my game in terms of cake decorations. I saw lots of talented cake decorators on Instagram and Pinterest. It does intimidate me a little bit but I think with a little bit of training I could be one of those talented bakers. Perhaps, I could give baking a try.

Next, the one that I'm trying to avoid, the Multi Level Marketing scheme. You know like Herbalife, Shaklee, Premium Beautiful and other companies. I hope I'm not offending anyone. I am amazed with people who are successful with these businesses as I am not good at it. I tried to do it once but I am just too shy. I am more of a writing kinda lady instead of talking. 

So what should I do? I need to do something. I am just so restless when I'm not doing anything. I pray to Allah everyday to show me the right path and hoping for the best, Insya Allah.




No comments:

Post a Comment