Tuesday 12 August 2014

Instant Chicken Jalfrezi

Last night for dinner, I decided to cook a simple Indian dish. But was too lazy to make the sauce from scratch. Luckily, I have Patak's instant Jalfrezi sauce at hand. So, this is how I cook my Instant Chicken Jalfrezi.















Instant Chicken Jalfrezi

Ingredients
1 baby chicken (700 grams) - cut into pieces
1 carrot - chopped
A handful of mushrooms - cut into half
1/2 red onion - diced
2 cloves garlic - roughly chopped
Coriander leaves - roughly chopped
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 bottle of Jalfrezi sauce (I used Patak's sauce)

Salt & pepper - to taste

Direction
Heat oil in a pan, then fry the red onion and garlic till its slight brown. Put in the chicken and fry it till its cooked. Next in,  are the vegetables (carrot & mushrooms), fry it till the carrots are slightly soft. Pour in the Jalfrezi sauce and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. Once cooked, sprinkle the chopped coriander leaves on top. Serve with warm rice or pitta bread.


The sauce is so tasty, it's almost the same as the takeaways. But at least, I know how much fat & salt I'm consuming, even though the sauce used is kinda instant. :) It's not spicy at all, so I added chopped chilies as well. Yummy dish to cook on a cold, rainy day.




No comments:

Post a Comment