Sunday 10 August 2014

First Blog Post, again :)

Oh my goodness!!! It has been more than a year since my first nervous blog post. Hahahah..totally forgot about the existence of this blog.

Right now, I am sipping my Millionaire Shortbread Mocha while watching the autumn leaves fall outside my window. Yes, I am in London, baby! It has been four long months, so it feels more like a year to me. So many things happened. Well, I'm here to be with my hubby yang nak sambung study in Forensic Medicine (here comes the rojak language, you've been warned!). I quit my job and left everything, to be with him here. At first, I did regret my decision to quit as it will definitely disrupt my career path.  But then, rezeki ada dimana-mana, alhamdullilah. I was offered a job by my previous employer, to manage a new investment in Cambridge. You never know what will happen in the future. I thought I'm gonna be a full-time housewife with no purpose in life. I was so thankful to Allah and my family who prayed the best for me.

The company is now based in Norwich, approx. 2 hours train ride from London. But by October, I hope it will move its operation to Cambridge, which is much nearer to London than Norwich. It has been a routine for me to wake up at 5 a.m. in the morning to catch a 7 a.m. train. Could be troublesome for some, but I enjoyed every minute of the ride. The scenery is so beautiful that makes my heart ache as I know I'll not be living here forever. Will post some pictures of the beautiful sceneries in a later posting.

I'm staying in east part of London, Poplar to be exact. But it is so near to Canary Wharf, the financial district of London. I love this part of London as it is full of young, vibrant people an most of them work in one of many investment banks here. So lots of black suits walking around. It almost make me miss my job in Malaysia, well almost.

Fuh, quite a long entry today. I'll try my best to update the blog on a daily basis from now on. I want to write about my life here in London, as memory when I go back home next year.

Adios! 




No comments:

Post a Comment